Skip to content

HUMAN PAPILLOMA VIRUS (HPV)

The Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) is a virus that is closely linked with cervical, penile and anal cancer.

High risk strains of HPV, such as 16 and 18, are linked with up to 95% of all cervical cancers.

The spread of high risk strains of HPV are almost exclusively spread through sexual intercourse with high chances of spread between partners. As many as 80% of people will clear the virus on their own but this leaves a vulnerable 20% that may have the virus long term. In addition repeated infections (even if you are able to clear the virus) still significantly increase your risk.

HPV screening (which can be done together with PAP smears) is an effective way to know if you have been infected.


The HPV screening swab, alone, is primarily used for cervical cancer screening but can also be used for penile, anal and throat screening as well.



Practicing safe sex is one way to reduce the chance of infection but the other is to get vaccinated.

The latest HPV vaccine covers 9 strains of high risk HPV which can reduce your risk of cervical cancer by up to 95%.

CALL US ON +6563869098 (DURING OPENING HOURS)

SMS US ON 8419 1943 (AVAILABLE 24 HOURS)